Historic photos from around Don Mills, Toronto

Running west of the Don River from York Mills south to about Eglinton, and as far west as Leslie, Don Mills was designed to be a mixed use community centred around Eglinton and Don Mills Road. Separated from the rest of Toronto by ravines, it was largely a rural farming area until as late as the 1950's, when E. P. Taylor decided to develop the area as a 'Garden city'.

List of all areas in Toronto or take a look at the historic photos by date. A subset of the photos have also been arranged by subject.

1905 Historic photo from 1905 - Moatfield at its original location north side of York Mills west of Don Mills Road in Don MillsMoatfield at its original location north side of York Mills west of Don Mills Road
(Categorized under: Estates and Houses )
110 years ago - 1905 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the Toronto Public Library)
1905 Historic photo from 1905 - Moatfield - David Duncan house - classic Ontario Gothic farmhouse in Don MillsMoatfield - David Duncan house - classic Ontario Gothic farmhouse
(Categorized under: Estates and Houses )
110 years ago - 1905 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the Toronto Public Library)
1908 Historic photo from 1908 - CNR tracks crossing the east Don River at Donlands Avenue in Don MillsCNR tracks crossing the east Don River at Donlands Avenue
107 years ago - 1908 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1919 Historic photo from 1919 - Ducks in the stream at Donalda Farms in Don Mills in Don MillsDucks in the stream at Donalda Farms in Don Mills
96 years ago - 1919 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1950 Historic photo from 1950 - Fountain, stonework, and formal gardens at Graydon Hall Manor in Don MillsFountain, stonework, and formal gardens at Graydon Hall Manor
65 years ago - 1950 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1950 Historic photo from 1950 - \"Spiff\" Evans pointing to framed Civitan Creed in Don Mills\"Spiff\" Evans pointing to framed Civitan Creed
65 years ago - 1950 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1955 Historic photo from 1955 - Stockbroker H. Rupert Bain, of Bain, Newling and Co., on grounds of his estate, Graydon House, Don Mills Road in Don MillsStockbroker H. Rupert Bain, of Bain, Newling and Co., on grounds of his estate, Graydon House, Don Mills Road
60 years ago - 1955 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1955 Historic photo from 1955 - Looking down the formal gardens from the fountain at Graydon Hall Manor in Don MillsLooking down the formal gardens from the fountain at Graydon Hall Manor
60 years ago - 1955 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1958 Historic photo from 1958 - York Mills Collegiate in 1958 in Don MillsYork Mills Collegiate in 1958
57 years ago - 1958 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From Archives of Ontario)
1959 Historic photo from Thursday, November 5, 1959 - 1759 Victoria Park Avenue widening : removal of trees in Don Mills1759 Victoria Park Avenue widening : removal of trees
56 years ago - Thursday, November 5, 1959 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1963 Historic photo from 1963 - Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre - designed and built in 1963 by Canadian architect Raymond Moriyama in Don MillsJapanese Canadian Cultural Centre - designed and built in 1963 by Canadian architect Raymond Moriyama
52 years ago - 1963 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1963 Historic photo from 1963 - Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre - west side with distinctive chains in Don MillsJapanese Canadian Cultural Centre - west side with distinctive chains
52 years ago - 1963 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1964 Historic photo from 1964 - Traffic survey in 1964 at Lawrence Avenue East at Leslie Street in Don MillsTraffic survey in 1964 at Lawrence Avenue East at Leslie Street
51 years ago - 1964 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1964 Historic photo from 1964 - Looking east on Lawrence Avenue East from the west side of Don Mills Road in Don MillsLooking east on Lawrence Avenue East from the west side of Don Mills Road
51 years ago - 1964 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1965 Historic photo from 1965 - Bata Shoe Headquarters - white pavillion-esque, low-rise concrete and glass office structure by John C. Parkin in Don MillsBata Shoe Headquarters - white pavillion-esque, low-rise concrete and glass office structure by John C. Parkin
50 years ago - 1965 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1965 Historic photo from 1965 - Bata Headquarters - built 1965, demolished 2005 to make way for the Aga Khan Foundation Ismaili centre in Don MillsBata Headquarters - built 1965, demolished 2005 to make way for the Aga Khan Foundation Ismaili centre
50 years ago - 1965 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
1967 Historic photo from 1967 - Mississippi Belle nightclub in Don MillsMississippi Belle nightclub
48 years ago - 1967 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location (From the City of Toronto Archives)
2007 Historic photo from 2007 - Demolition of the Bata Shoes Headquarters in Don MillsDemolition of the Bata Shoes Headquarters
8 years ago - 2007 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location
2007 Historic photo from Saturday, December 1, 2007 - Bata International Building demolition in Don MillsBata International Building demolition
8 years ago - Saturday, December 1, 2007 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location
2007 Historic photo from Saturday, December 1, 2007 - The demolition of the Bata International Building in Don MillsThe demolition of the Bata International Building
8 years ago - Saturday, December 1, 2007 - Don Mills
Link to archive record - Map location